San Francisco, CA, USA

#30daysofblogging Day 21: June and stuff



Three weeks! If only I were as good at doing other things for three weeks, am I right? Not that I feel particularly inspired or good at things today, this 21st straight day of blogging. I don't really know what I want to talk about today. I'm tired, and I'm at work, and ugh, work. When I get home today I really need to buckle down and finish editing my last event's worth of photos. I haven't been feeling super inspired with photography lately, and I'm now old enough to realize that there is a give and take between all of my various passions and needs and wants, and right now I really don't want to do very much photography. Maybe I'll mostly take the month of June off, photography-wise, who knows. I have a few things scheduled, but really, I'm focusing on my health and fitness.

And also, I definitely ordered a new puzzle today ...

And that's OK. That's fine. I can't be everything all of the time. Learning this lesson is ongoing, but something that's becoming clearer as I get older. I choose my priorities, most of the time. And I choose them the way I do because that's where I'm at, and I'm trying to be the best I can be. So if May and June are mostly sans photography for me, who cares? I'm doing what I want to be doing.

That's what I'm going to keep telling myself so that when I inevitably freak out about "not doing enough photography" and "ruining my career" I can refer myself back to this blog post. Because that will happen.



▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲



I'm home now. In my pajamas, editing photos, watching Air Disasters, drinking a little bit of beer. I'm going to make some vegan chick'n strips to take to work. I've already showered. I really want to relax tonight and so far I'm doing a good job of it. I have nothing else to say, life is good, all of these photos of beautiful flowers are from my run today through northwest Berkeley, and goodnight!









0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)