San Francisco, CA, USA

#30daysofblogging Day 20: Eating Well: Meal Planning #2


I'm going to be honest with you, internet: unlike most weekends, today I really didn't want to cook. I wasn't feeling it at all. Last night,  G and I went to a concert and went to bed after midnight. This morning I went to a challenging yoga class, still sore from Friday's yoga class, and then I ran a mile. I spent most of the day so deliciously exhausted, I could barely move. Fortunately, we got out and went on a trip to the Marina to have lunch at my favorite new Vietnamese place (Saiwalks!) and made a pit stop at Kara's Cupcakes, after which I was able to muster some energy and knock out some planned meals in an hour and a half.

I'm trying something slightly new this week. I've realized that I really need to be cooking new batches of food halfway through the week, or else food starts to go bad (gross). I mean the cooked food, though certainly the food still waiting to be cooked in my fridge also starts to go bad. I just can't make potatoes or the greens in cooked pasta last more than a couple of days in tupperware, and I absolutely hate wasting food and money, so something has to change. I've tried to get better at food storage this week, and I cooked smaller batches of food today, with plans to cook more later this week. Maybe I need to accept that I need to make more time for cooking.

Anyway, I'm about to settle in for a movie and a calm evening, so let me show you what I'm going to be eating this week. I'm going to make more of the same thing later this week, plus some roasted veggies such as broccoli, so the plan is already set. I love that. All of this food came from either my CSA box from Eatwell Farm, or from the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Love that, too.


BREAKFASTS: Pan fried new potatoes with garlic, corn from the cob & fresh rosemary









LUNCHES: Fresh bucatini with arrabiata sauce (both from The Pasta Shop) with added sautéed garlic, shiitake mushrooms, zucchini & fresh basil








I also made a point to cook while I was not hungry this week, which made me not snack while cooking at all! I highly recommend not snacking while cooking. For some reason it makes me feel gross, probably because I just gorge on all of my ingredients without thought ... I can't be the only one who is prone to such things, am I?

Anyway....



0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)