San Francisco, CA, USA

#30daysofblogging Day 22: Currently

today at the park (a goose decided to get a bit too close to me, here he is, approaching)

Reading: I'm really obsessed with a blog called The Prudent Homemaker right now. There's definitely a part of me that wants to live as frugally as possible, grow all of my own food, etc (when I was a pre-teen I spent a lot of time pretending I was a Pioneer girl, and that part of me hasn't really faded, even in my very urban adult life). I first discovered this blog a couple of months ago and I am SO into it. I want a life that is simple. I crave it. I also think Brandy has the most amazing garden in her yard. Considering she also lives outside of Las Vegas, it's truly incredible to me that she has managed such a beautiful, productive year-round garden. Check out this blog if you are interested in homesteading, living a simple life, and saving money.

Wondering: If I should work out tonight. If I have time to work out tonight. How my doctor's appointment tomorrow is going to go. Whether I should go to a yoga class, or leave it until tomorrow, except I am going to one on Thursday, so it doesn't make sense to go to one tomorrow. But maybe I'm exhausted tonight and don't want to go anywhere or do anything? At the same time, I have to cook tonight, so that may make the decision for me. My head is in a million places today and I'm having a lot of trouble focusing. At least half my heart is in Utah thinking of my grandmother right now; her 92nd birthday is tomorrow and she's been through so much. So much. I can't even handle the feelings that come up when I think of her right now, and there are a lot of feelings.

Feeling thankful: I've been more emotionally stable lately than I've been in a long time, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm also so grateful for my best friends in this world, and in this city (Gabe and Meghan, I love you both so much, I know you are probably not reading this, but I love you so much). I don't know what I would do without these two incredibly wonderful people in my life.

Eating: I just finished off all of the food I made last Sunday -- the pan fried potatoes as well as the bucatini. That means tonight becomes another cooking night. I'm going to make basically the same thing, as I still have half of my ingredients left for each dish. I may not put fresh basil in my pasta this time, though, because ugh, it goes bad so fast. I'm sure I have something else I can add. Fava beans? I also have some broccoli I can cook and maybe add to the pasta tonight. We'll see how it goes. I am about to go eat some chips (bad Amber!).

Watching: Other than all the things I've been watching lately that I've already talked about, I saw Big Eyes last weekend, which was filmed partially in San Francisco, and was really good, albeit a really emotional film that had me pretty worked up by the end, because it's based on a true story. I recommend it, and I don't know why the reviews were sort of mixed. Other than that, I've also been downright addicted to the Walrus Cam on Explore.org.

Working on: Drinking less, working out more, working out smartly, loving my family, being nice.

Making me happy: I'm really grateful for everything in my life right now. I say this to myself often, and I'm not one of those people who feels like "being positive" is the way to cure depression, but I'm well aware that seeing the positive things in my life, and the great bounty I have, is worth a lot, and it does make me feel better. It gives me great perspective. Finding the joy in the everyday is something I began purposefully doing 12 years ago, after my dad died, and I've never regretted it. Not once. But since we're already talking about what makes us happy, here are some other things: cookies with sprinkles on them; pigeon pose; German beer; laughing with my boyfriend; cats; dogs at the park; sunshine and warm weather; summer. Of course.



Currently is inspired by Sometimes Sweet.

1 Comments

  1. AHHHHHH!!! I finally just DID read this. I love you too <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)