San Francisco, CA, USA

#30daysofblogging Day 28: Eating Well: Meal Planning #3


I really had to work to get myself excited to cook this week again. I think maybe I'm feeling a little burnt out. But it's never been more important for me to be eating right than it is right now. For the first time in my life I may have a chronic health condition (high blood pressure), and I never thought I would have a chronic health condition at age 32, but here we are. Even if I'm blowing it out of proportion (and I really hope I am), this been a huge wake up call for me during the last week, and I'm determined to get myself healthy again, no matter what that means. I want to put in the effort to prevent becoming a 32-year-old who has to take medication every day. That's really not acceptable to me, so wish me luck on this new journey toward better physical and mental and emotional health. And don't worry, I'll be fine.

That said, this week's meals are darn healthy.
I bought everything in these meals from the farmers market on Saturday.
And, after two weeks, I finally got to use my new spiral vegetable slicer!

I must say, I'm impressed at how easy it is to make zucchini noodles. More than that, though, I'm really surprised at how good they are when combined with pasta sauce. I was a bit skeptical of (mostly) giving up pasta, but it's not only going to be great for my health to eat zucchini noodles instead -- it's going to be good for my pocketbook. I only like to eat local, artisan pastas, and those things were setting me back a fair amount! I like saving money, so this is exciting. Plus, as I think I told you before, if you belong to a CSA in the bay area, you will be drowning in zucchini for most of the summer, and this gives me a great way to actually use it all.


BREAKFASTS: Roasted fingerling potatoes w/ garlic, spring onions, shiitake mushrooms & cabbage








LUNCHES: Zucchini noodles (SPIRALIZED!) w/ arriabata sauce, sauteed w/ garlic, spring onion & broccoli shoots








And today, I ate the wonderful noodles with sauce for the first time:


So good!




0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)