San Francisco, CA, USA

For the love of yoga

I feel really scattered these days. I wish I had more to say that was coherent. I'm just trying to get through all the days in my life and do them as well as I can. I'm not always feeling great -- this morning I woke up in a really challenging mood, and so far I've felt about .0001 seconds from losing it/flying off the handle all day. I hope that changes, but I don't know if it will. Tomorrow is another day. I'm trying to maintain focus, but as usual ... my brain is pulling me in so many directions.

After all, all I have to do this week is get through 3 days of work (tomorrow I'm taking off to do some user research for one of my favorite companies), and and then on Friday, we're flying to Vegas for 4 days. I have absolutely no idea what we're going to do for 4 days in Vegas, but I'm so excited to go again, and to get out of here for a few days. I love you, San Francisco, but I haven't left -- really left -- in a long time.

That said .. there are some great things I've been unable to stop thinking about recently, and stuff that's been making me feel happy and relaxed. The biggest one right now is:



I went to my first yoga class of 2014 two weeks ago. And it was a reminder of JUST how much I love yoga. I stopped because I didn't quite know how to re-integrate yoga into my life after my job/commute changed in October, and then my entire life fell apart over the holidays, and the first half of this year has been crazy. I still didn't know how to go back. But my new life motto (well, one of them) is to not feel bound by imagined rules and constraints on my everyday life. I can do whatever I want to. So why not go to yoga? Don't get bogged down thinking about how my day or schedule has to go. Enjoy it on a whim.

So, I did.

It was so amazing. Everything about it was a reminder. A reminder to be in the moment, a reminder of who I am, a reminder of how powerful it can be. And I emerged a better person than I went in.

That's why I love yoga.

Tomorrow I'm going to be home most of the day. 2pm vinyasa class in SF... you're mine. 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)