Oregon | Day 2

Oh my. I am so embarrassed that I am writing up my trip that already has become almost two trips ago, and certainly more than two weeks ago, on this ridiculously abandoned blog. I have major excuses, like some of the worst life-at-home stress of my entire life, and financial horror, and a wild trip to Vegas that bumbled along in an Amber-like fashion, to my being ridiculously sick all week so far, this week leading up to a 10k race on Sunday and our trip to Europe on Monday. OH MY GOD. Anyway, somewhere in there I must finish these blog posts, so ... here we go. 

I feel bad saying this was my "favorite day" of the trip given the amazing wedding days on the river that followed, but this was the day I had totally, completely to myself in Beaverton, so it was special to me. My mom and Larry were both at work until mid-afternoon. I woke  in the morning, had some breakfast (tempeh bacon and sauteed spinach), watched Good Day Oregon, and got ready for my run.

I was really stoked about this run because I never get to run in new areas anymore, and nothing makes running more fun for me than running in new areas. And in this case, it was the best of both worlds: the new-old area. A place I grew up in or around but haven't been to (ever) or haven't seen in a long time. These things all make my brain buzz. Little did I know both how tough of a run this would turn out to be, and how much I pretty much didn't care. Because ... friends ... I am not even kidding:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Five miles later and I was definitely worse for wear. The run had taken everything out of me. I wasn't used to running in such harsh sunlight or warm conditions. Also? Can't escape those hills, not even in Oregon! I was actually dragging myself back to my mom's, where I then pretty much collapsed for the remainder of the afternoon until my mom arrived home from work, in serious dehydration mode. Good thing I had this dude with me the entire time I napped or I might have felt sad about it:

Untitled

Untitled

Things brightened considerably after my mom and Larry arrived home from work. Shenanigans / hijinks (!) ensued when my mom busted out her eagle mask she bought at the World Forestry Center. Her reasoning: "I thought it was a seagull." I love my mom so much. We are truly cut from the same cloth and no one will really understand me in quite the way she always has and will. I appreciate her so very much. How could I not?

Untitled

Oh, and here's a photo of the aforementioned breakfast I made:

Untitled

This was a really good day of Oregon bonding and family bonding and I wouldn't have had it any other way. We ended this one with Thai food and more Criminal Minds before an early bedtime. It was good I had an early bedtime, because the next day began essentially three days of wedding madness in Central Oregon, and I knew I needed to be at my best. I can't wait to share some of those adventures with you.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)