Berkeley, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life

I had a great weekend and I feel really good this morning. More like my "old self" than I've felt in months. I want to write it down here right now, this morning, at 9am because I don't want to forget this feeling or the fact that I felt it. Namaste. I hope I feel this way for as long as possible. I'm aware each moment is a gift.

I'm also aware that it's been a while since my last "snapshots from a happy life" post, and I have to admit that it's because I haven't been feeling like it would be genuine. Well, that and that I've been ridiculously busy, which is a reason I've not been blogging that didn't make it into the last post. I've had that feeling of tightness in my chest, the anxiety, the weight of knowing I am overscheduled and too busy for the next two months at least. It scares me, but I am no stranger to this feeling, and I'm trying to do what I haven't done in the past: let certain things drop so that I am less anxious and overscheduled. Sadly blogging has been the thing that 's dropped. Why couldn't it have been something lame and unenjoyable, like chores or finances?! Right? Anyway, it's time to bring this feature back.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the last few weeks.

spring / san francisco / berkeley
Untitled
Golden Gate Park (while on a run)
Untitled
Golden Gate Park // idyllic in the springtime
Untitled
Conservatory of Flowers
Untitled
Truly incredible sunset we had last week, from my roof
Untitled
On the other side from that same sunset? A full rainbow!
Untitled
I mean, really. It was fantastic. 

Untitled
A spring afternoon at Yerba Buena Gardens
Untitled
Nope, won't get tired of tree blossoms, sorry
Untitled
A sunset at Golden Gate Park
Untitled
From inside the rainforest atrium at the Academy of Sciences
food
Untitled
Gardein sliders w/ carmelized onions & lettuce + shoestring potatoes 
Untitled
taco night -- ranchero beans, cilantro rice, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, salsa
Untitled
fixin's for sweet potato soup
Untitled
fresh oregano
Untitled
english shelling peas // shelled
Untitled
vegan yum yum's kitsune soba (SO GOOD!!)

So yeah, life is good. Spring is gorgeous and food is tasty -- what else could I ask for, really!?

3 Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear that you've been feeling more like yourself. It's nice to welcome it and to enjoy those moments.

    Love the pics of the cherry blossoms. They make my spirit soar. And I'm impressed you can hold still enough (even when stopped) to capture the beauty when you're out on your run!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)