Berkeley, CA, USA

Sunny days and Fridays

magnolia

And so spring makes its first real appearance. The last two days have seen 70 degree temperatures and beautiful sunshine. It has felt marvelous. I feel lighter. Today I wore flip flops and a cardigan that doesn't close to work. It was the first time I'd been able to wear either of these items since early November, and though I know everything is supposed to go back to cold/rain next week, I can't help but soak up everything around me. My walks to the train after work have turned into near-meditative exercises, with deep breathing and mindful listening to nature. Suddenly, it seems campus is filled with songbirds.

Life has been pretty crazy as of this week, gotta say. 2013 continues to be full of surprises. I love this about life, so much—even if you get complacent, comfortable, stuck in a way of living or thinking ... there is always something unexpected around the corner, something to shake you up & change your world. If you don't experience life like this, then I don't know what to say, because this feels like a fact of life. I don't always go seeking new experiences, new people, new challenges, contrary to popular belief. I fall into ruts all the time. Sometimes I get worried that they'll stick around forever & I will never get out of them. Often I take proactive action to do things in my life, to make things happen, but some of the neatest things that happen are the ones I could have never predicted. Sometimes this does cause anxiety, such as when I'm in a great situation and know it will someday pass , but most of the time these changes and surprises are welcomed. I am a highly adaptable (though not perfectly adaptable) person, so I try to see these types of things as a natural evolution, and a new opportunity to better myself or find out more about who I am.

But anyway.

I am really looking forward to this three-day weekend. The air has a hint of adventure in it ...

3 Comments

  1. 70 degrees!!! I'm jealous lol I'm so ready for spring too! I'm a new follower from the Freakin Friday blog hop. Look forward to reading your future posts :)

    -Shaina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for co-hosting the blog hop. I am your newest follower. I would love it if you would stop by the Nifty Thrifty Family sometime. http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for Co Hosting. New follower on GFC. Sandra LeAnne @ www.ourchangingnestnowwhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)