San Francisco, CA, USA

The long weekend that could (and the short week that couldn't)

Untitled
Sunset from Mission Bay Park, Monday 
Well, how was your weekend?

Ours was jam packed and full of good company and good weather (yay!).

I want to say I have the time and the mental capacity necessary to recount the weekend in vivid detail, but 2013 is REALLY kicking my ass so far -- I admit it, universe! I give up! I can't do it all or even some of it, sometimes. I am at your mercy! Please send sleep; I am ready.

Anyway, here's a short summary of our long weekend with my 2nd mom, Anne:

• A cheese event at 18 Reasons (one of my 2x/yr cheese eatins' -- so good, but also OUCH)
• Farmers market + tofu scramble at home with the best shiitakes.
• Castelvetrano olives & Spanish wine at Hotel Biron
• Lots & lots of tennis on TV. I am now a tennis addict! I played recreationally as a teenager but never understood the rules. Now I do, so watch out!
 • Life of Pi
 • SO MUCH PETTING OF CATS

So there you have it, in a nutshell. The weather was so nice the entire time, so nice that it cracked 83 inside my perennially hot & stuffy loft three days in a row...in January. Where's the AC?!

But that's enough about that. On the flipside, I wish I could say that this "short week" at work had lived up to its promises. Whoever thought of "short weeks" being BETTER than a regular week clearly never had to fit 5 days of work into 4 days with others also in a heightened state of irritation. There is the idea that 4 days should seem shorter, and go faster: but in fact, it is as if the universe has actually slowed down to spite us! This scenario plays out on all long weekends. This was no exception. I'm praying for the weekend, but then again, the weekend holds other sets of challenges, so I guess I just feel like a big stress ball of uncertainty. Which is a great metaphor for how 2013 has knocked me down a few notches and put me "in my place" so far. Well, you better get worried, 2013. I'm not going to give up so easily. So there!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)