San Francisco, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life

I feel like it was just Friday a couple of days ago, and now here it is, Friday again. This would be great except it's also alarming, this passage of time. Life slipping by, one week at a time, without my noticing. Gah. I need to work on making every moment count. For a while I was doing so well with that, but it goes in waves, and this week the waves have been, shall we say, choppy.

I won't go into anything that's been happening in detail, just because nobody wants to hear that and I don't want any random eyes to come upon my words and see a grown woman complaining about things -- not like this. I've just felt like everybody wants a piece of me this week; well, either that, or they don't want anything to do with me, and that's an equally bummerific situation, in my opinion. It's just not been the most fun or enjoyable couple of weeks, but oh well, this too shall pass, I'm still alive and that is the greatest gift of all. I do know these things ... but sometimes I struggle just like the rest of you to appreciate it day to day, and I need to be able to say that without people thinking something's seriously wrong, or getting calls from my very loving family thinking something truly awful is happening. OK? OK.

We'll see what the weekend brings. At least it will bring not being at my job, which I have no problem saying publicly makes me very very happy. Hopefully I'll get some sleep and enjoy the next two days. In the meantime here are some of my favorite snapshots from the last week:

Untitled
this morning: "gay dorothy on the yellow brick road"
Untitled
Found this beauty in Yerba Buena Gardens yesterday <3
Untitled
Yerba Buena Gardens
Untitled
in the parking lot of H.D. Buttercup (furniture store) after a rainstorm
Untitled
in the parking lot of H.D. Buttercup (furniture store) after a rainstorm
Untitled
in the parking lot of H.D. Buttercup (furniture store) after a rainstorm
Untitled
Seagull INSANITY at Bay Front Park
Untitled
Huffaker Park <3
Untitled
late afternoon in my SF neighborhood
Untitled
Sun rising from MacArthur BART station
Untitled
Berkeley sunrise
Untitled
UC Berkeley, mid-winter late afternoon sunshine
Untitled
Mission Creek Park
Untitled
Sunset at McCovey Cove
Untitled
Sunset at Bay Front Park
Untitled
one of our peppermint shrimp <3
Untitled
the grassy knoll. not THAT grassy knoll obviously. that's just what I call this one.

Untitled
My favorite dude, the Heron who lives along Mission Creek
Untitled
Bay Front Park; a Naval Hospital Ship is in the shipyard now getting repaired (cool)
Untitled
outside the ballpark
Untitled
outside a boat club that I can't join because I'm not a snob
Untitled
My awesome actually put-together outfit from yesterday. People at work were shocked, obviously 

FOOD:

Untitled
fingerling potatoes
Untitled
fingerling potatoes
Untitled
tater makin'
Untitled
a very fine evening with an artichoke
Untitled
coffee in a mason jar
Untitled
roasted fingerling potatoes (oh yeah, with fresh rosemary!)
Untitled
chickpeas with bok choy & carmelized onions; roasted fingerling potatoes
Untitled
dry fried & marinated tofu (it was SO good)
Untitled
spring rolls 

2 Comments

  1. It's been so grey and dusty and gross in Calgary. Friends of mine just got back from California and I'm totally jealous of them because these photos prove they were in a much better climate than I am right now. Guhhhh. I miss summer and flowers and grass and water! It's been winter in Calgary since October!

    Also, chin up buttercup! I hope the weekend is good to you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you -- it was, it really was, I feel much better now than I did on Friday! :D

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)