San Francisco, CA, USA

Songs about Friday

Untitled
this has been ... a .... week.
In certain ways, I really can't believe it's Friday already. In other ways ....? I have been waiting for this day all week. But when you have a sick family member, days kind of don't matter anymore, if that makes sense. There are highs and lows and successes and failures and fear and hope, but there aren't days. Just time. I'm thick in a sense of time, of time passing. Only 11 days until the election now? Wow.

Well, onto the weekend. What's been up in non-cat land lately? What are we doing this weekend?

We're starting up a ceramics class this weekend at the Berkeley Art Studio, which hopefully will be relaxing and fun. Scott & I used to take ceramics classes there all the time, but stopped after a series of misfortunes befell us (Jeffy broke most of Scott's creations in an accident, and my Christmas gifts for my family were all ruined in a freak kiln accident just a month or so later). That was all in 2007-2008, and it's taken us this long to go back. Scott in particular really loves ceramics (I'm not very good at it, but I do enjoy the tactile experience, working with my hands), so I am really happy he'll have a stress reliever like this again. Dragging him out of the studio is no easy task!

I'm also really excited because I'm going to be doing two races next month: the Awesome 80's Run (5k) and the Turkey Day 5k just a few days later on Thanksgiving. I really need to run more. Need to because I want to, not because I'm neurotic about it (just saying). I love races, and I'm really, really excited to put on my running shoes a lot for the rest of the year (and beyond).

Other than that? Hanging around this weekend, home with Jeffy, and editing photos is on the agenda. Oh, and a lot of cooking ... I need to make some serious fall comfort foods. Soup, anyone? I can't wait. Plus, I got a great deal on some pasta last night at Safeway, so expect that kind of comfort food, too.

And: I know the below are Google Affiliate ads ... but I LOVE looking at running shoes, and always have them on the brain ... so I am actually, truly posting these because I am coveting all of them:

New Balance 490 Shoes (Black/Pink) - Women's Shoes - 7.0 M (Google Affiliate Ad)
Nike FLEX TRAINER 2 Shoes (Soar/Hot Punch) - Women's Shoes - 5.0 M (Google Affiliate Ad)
Nike INSPIRE DUAL FUSION Shoes (Cool Grey/ Cherry-Mt) - Women's Shoes - 7.0 M (Google Affiliate Ad)
Avia 5792 Running Shoes - Women (Google Affiliate Ad)

If it were up to me I would probably have a closet full of running shoes ... seriously.

What are you doing this weekend? Are you coveting a new pair of shoes? The title of this post was the search term I entered into Google right before I published this entry. "Friday I'm In Love" was the only song title I could think of that had to do with Friday, and though I love that song, and am in love ... it felt wildly inappropriate for current life status type things. Happy Friday, internet. 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)