San Francisco, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life

Well, we made it to Sunday!

Not that that was ever in question, but it was of course unclear as to how well Jeffy would do, and how well we'd be doing with his meds, eating etc. It's been, so far, better each day since we brought Jeffy home, at least with the meds administration (eating is another story). Dare I say we've even managed to bond over it, a bit. We're going back to the vet in the morning for a follow up and more bloodwork with Jeffy to see how he's doing. I'm really scared, but hopeful. There's always that fear that you may not come home with a cat, when you have one who is as sick as he is. But since we've been having moderate successes here, I'm very, very hopeful that he'll at least be maintaining.

Other than that, we started our ceramics class yesterday and it was awesome. I am so thrilled to be doing pottery again, and Scott is even more glad than I am! It's such a stress reliever, and we have a great teacher this time around so I'm very happy. Also, the last time I took beginning pottery was when I was 25, and I've matured a lot over the last 5 years.. no more crying because I'm not "good enough." Seriously, I was terrible back then. Who cares?!

The weather has been gorgeous here this weekend, like it was still summer or something. This isn't terribly uncommon, as I've experienced 80-degree November 1sts here several times over the years, but that doesn't make me feel any better about it. At the same time, I feel for those truly in danger over Hurricane Sandy, even though lets face it, Sandy is THE WORST NAME FOR A HURRICANE EVER. Sandy?! Come on. Even Beryl and Gertrude were better names than Sandy. Apologies if you are named Sandy, but I am of the opinion that your name is ill suited for a huge storm!

Anyway, I thought I'd catch up on some of my favorite snapshots from the last couple of weeks (I got behind somehow!). I hope you enjoy these happy glimpses into our life.

--ooh, and there's an appearance by Stannis, the deer who visits my office to eat from the windowsill, so be sure to check that out. He's got huge antlers now ... 

Untitled
Zeke, today in the sunlight 
Untitled
crazy rainstorm during the 9th inning of game 1 of the world series (going on one block away!)
Untitled
dusk, from my magical roof
Untitled
yeah, so, about bay area fall sunsets ....
Untitled
they are AMAZING. This was definitely one of the best I've ever seen from the roof.
Untitled
<3
Untitled
someone didn't want to move when I took all the stuffed animals off the bed. 
Untitled
REAL FALL in Boise
Untitled
flying over the bay area on my way to Boise
Untitled
In many ways this is my favorite way to look at Earth ... totally fascinating to my geography-minded brain
Untitled
NOT my favorite way to look at Earth :P  at SFO
Untitled
Venus rising as I leave for work, 6:15am
Untitled
Berkeley in the throes of fall for realz now
Untitled
Stannis stopped by the office last week! It had been a while and now he has HUGE ENORMOUS antlers! As in, as he was eating off the windowsill, his HUGE ENORMOUS ANTLERS kept banging into the window. Hey now, Stannis!
Untitled
I am in love with this light at the bowling alley across the street from my house. 
Untitled
my favorite tree at UC Berkeley -- it's about to turn bright yellow.
Untitled
Mogli. Seriously a weirdo. He loves to sit like this.
Untitled
Boise <3 <3
Untitled
Crazy chandelier at the Chinese restaurant I always go to with my uncle, in Boise 
Untitled
Maximus Aurelius (Max), most enormous great dane ever
Untitled
Sweet Jeffy, sleeping yesterday <3

Untitled
The Pho Bar, Berkeley
Untitled
The Pho Bar, Berkeley...where I obviously waited forever ;)
Untitled
A job ad in my building at work
Untitled
bizarre random moment on the train headed home / aka to the ballpark before game 2 of the world series! HA

1 Comments

  1. WOW!! Superb Pics!! I really enjoyed watching it and can see various colors of life in it. Thanks for sharing.

    how to enjoy life

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)