200 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

Currently...

Untitled
Look what I did to my MacBook keyboard! Not gonna lie, I am pretty excited about this. 

Cooking — Last night I did another roasted potato thingy that solidified my belief that I've finally mastered the art of roasting potatoes. This has been a long time coming. I am that person who always ended up with potatoes stuck to the pan, and burned all the garlic & onions. No more! The secret? Add more olive oil. I kinda drown the spuds (cut into small pieces) in olive oil before I pop them into the oven, and with the same TLC I provided before (turning them twice, giving them a good amount of lavender salt & sons of bitches (aka chili flake), I get perfectly roasted potatoes. Slightly crunchy on the outside, soft as butter on the inside. And I know how good truly well-made extra-virgin olive oil is for you, and I get mine from a California olive farm ... so I feel zero guilt about this. I recommend this method to everyone out there!

Making — Plans for the future: this year's Walk For Farm Animals, future races, wedding photography, actually being in a wedding for the first (and probably final) time in my life (omg), our anniversary trip (we're going to be staying at Basecamp Hotel in South Lake Tahoe; more on this soon, I promise). I am all about not letting time slip by anymore. The future is now. 

Working on — Getting a ridiculous backlog of photos edited before I get to start shooting again (tomorrow, oops). I really got behind because I'm a bit burned out on photography at the moment, and I owe a lot of people a lot of pictures, and photo contracts, and articles. Oh boy. Its stressing me out a lot. At the same time, I'm trying very hard to get myself on a regular, reasonable schedule that fits with my 7-330-ish work schedule during the day. This means going to bed by 10pm and getting up at 5:30am on weekdays. This has been a struggle, because I have to train myself to do this, but I've gotten into a bit of a groove this week. Unfortunately, it means I have less time at home each night to catch up on that photo editing/contract writing. I need to figure out how to get all of this stuff done. Balance. The greatest mystery of my life!

Reading A Storm of Swords, aka the third A Song of Ice and Fire book. I am totally, completely obsessed with these books so its probably best if I don't write about it too much,
because I'm apt to reveal just how much of a nerdy fangirl I am about all of this, and I like to pretend that I'm not that embarrassing. Ahem. 

I have loved the first two so far, though, and am thrilled to finally be really into reading something that isn't nonfiction again; its been years, and I mean more like its been since Harry Potter. I am not typically a "swords and fantasy" girl but this is just so great. SO GREAT! Truth be told, I am grateful to be reading the books also because I'm trying to tide myself over until the show comes back next spring. Next spring is a long time away, you guys. For reals. Also? Hodor. The image to the right is probably my favorite image on the entirety of the internet these days. I've posted it on Facebook. Twice. Do you think I'm creepy yet? Part of me hopes you do...anyway, please get in touch if you are similarly afflicted. I'd love to chat and squee with you on the internets about this! 

Listening to Kosheen. Chances are you've never heard of them, and I'm not even being a hipster about that. In all my years since I discovered this band (10 years ago), I've only met one other person who has even heard of them on this side of the pond, let alone listens to them. Or still listens to them. Right now I'm listening to what is undoubtedly their finest album, 2001's Resist. Listening to this album brings me back in a lot of ways, and I guess I'm not surprised that I'm listening to it today, on the 10th anniversary of meeting my cat Jeffy ... I listened to this album a lot that summer, that summer I was 20. The most famous song off of Resist is "Hide U," and I discovered it while staying up all night one night watching "Senor Moby's House of Music" on MTV2 (awww, remember when MTV2 played music?). This is some good shit, listen to it:




Sadly I've resigned myself to the fact that I will never see this awesome band live. They are Welsh, and have absolutely ZERO success in America, and the only time they came here, I wasn't able to go to the show because I was under 21. Yup. That was 10 years ago, and they haven't been back here.

I'm linking up today with Harvesting Kale and This Amazing Day. You should too! 

Harvesting Kale

2 Comments

  1. Is there anything better than a perfectly roasted potato? I'm not sure. It took me a long time to figure out the perfect recipe too (which is pretty much exactly like yours), but it's been worth the time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those potatoes sound amazing! We don't eat a ton of potatoes, but I'm really interested in trying your method. Also love your keyboard. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)