San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

I'm sorta kinda (not really) ...ish(?) happy when it rains

Whew. After 2.5 months, it's finally raining again in SF. I have a love/hate relationship with rain, stemming from growing up in Oregon & then spending two years in Los Angeles. Somehow those two years have ruined me forever; to this day I grumble about rain with the best of them.

But in case you think I've lost all cred, I also do not own an umbrella & there's not much I love more than the feeling of raindrops on my face, so maybe there's hope for me yet?

It's all too fitting, but totally coincidental that last night I went to a private party to see a brief performance by a band called Waters. I was only out of the house for about an hour and a half, but it gave me the chance to commune with the rain a bit. I always wonder if people on the street think I'm curious for having my bare face turned up to the sky during a rainstorm. I really could care less if they are; they (and you!) should try it.


 You can kind of see how wet I am in the photo on the lower right; my hair is a tad matted. The good news is that I woke up with it super mega curly today as a result, which made the vain side of me very happy! Another benefit of rain: salty, curly hair.

So: this weekend. Pretty sure it's going to be rainy. I have a tea date tomorrow in the afternoon, and there are a ton of events going on that I either want to go to, or feel obligated to go to ... but it's going to be tough to get everything done around the house and sleep enough and stay out late. Given the hectic nature of last weekend, and the hectic nature of next weekend (we're shooting a ginormous wedding), I feel like hibernating for the most part this weekend. We'll see what happens, I guess? What are you doing this weekend? Whatever it is, I hope you live & love to the fullest, and appreciate all that you have. Even if it's raining.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)