San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

Indian Summer

1317159665516.jpg
Summer in The City (as seen from our roof)

I am a fairly superstitious person by nature. I also believe in the principle of reverse psychology, as well as the principle of "to assume makes an ass out of u and me." This being said, I pretty much knew that when I wrote my last post saying summer never came and fall was definitely here, that San Francisco's trademark Indian Summer would begin right after. It had to. You know, to prove me wrong. 


I totally planned it that way. Yeah. 


Well anyway, Indian Summer arrived literally the day after I posted, and we've been so busy enjoying its bounty of warm weather and sunny days that we've not had too much time inside the house! But now that fall really has started (it's been raining for the last two days), I have time to reflect...or something.


Often I think that the beauty of the changing seasons is that the next one always seems to arrive just when you need it. Suddenly it's fresh, new and exciting in its own way. I hate letting go of the carefree feelings of summer, but when it comes right down to it, I really love fall. I know Scott does, too  and not just because he likes it when the house cools down inside all day. Football season, leaves falling, rainy days and chili nights (that's in addition to, erm, chilly nights, though they go hand in hand!) are all great things about fall. Plus, the holidays are just around the corner, and that's just wonderful, in my opinion!


This year, we'll be spending Thanksgiving with my mom & stepfather up in Oregon (going home, for me!), and we'll be hosting Christmas with Scott's mom at our place. I can't wait to get a tree, but I know, I know ... I am getting slightly ahead of myself. I truly love the holidays, even if they can also be really depressing and stressful and all of those other things. 


Also, this: 


1317435357881.jpg
Vegan pizza, made at home (yum yum yum)


This weekend I'll be going to the farmers market after a week off, and spending the rest of the weekend either in Sacramento seeing a concert or playing tourist in SF with some of our favorite band friends. Happy week and happy weekend to all — get out there & enjoy fall while you can, I hear there will be sun! 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)