Farmers Market Shenanigans & The Fall of Our (Dis)Content

Well, its impossible to deny it any longer: Fall is in the air. Though Summer never really came this year in San Francisco, there is an unmistakable crispness in the wind, and the temperatures are dropping. Today, the high in SF isn't even expected to reach 60 degrees! As much as it dismays me that summer came and went without any actual coming or going, I am excited because I truly love this time of year.

The freshness of the whole back-to-school time always reminds me that I can renew myself every year, just like the Earth. I love when the leaves change colors, though I don't really live in a place that has vibrant foliage. And what's that? College football is back on? Oh yes, we know. Scott & I spend our Saturdays this time of year glued to the television, watching the game that helped bring us together once upon a time (once upon a time when my California Golden Bears were on the brink of a Rose Bowl appearance ... but I digress). And coming up are my three favorite holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We've already consumed our share of the world's candy corn supply & have put up two decorative gourds, and seasonal sweater ... season ... is just around the corner. How is this year almost over already? Wow!

That said, there have been a couple of things going on, domestically speaking, that warrant sharing.

First & foremost, last weekend I started what I hope is a great new tradition: going to the famous Ferry Plaza Farmers Market (about 1.5 miles from my door) every Saturday morning. Gorgeous fruits, vegetables (even locally grown organic dried beans!), and anything else you could ever want, plus an array of hot food vendors and a gorgeous location, right on the bay.  The atmosphere is truly unique and so special. My CSA, Eatwell Farm, has a stellar location right in the middle of the market, and last week I came away with some fresh rosemary, fresh sage, and a 6 pound heirloom watermelon -- all for less than $10 and some nice conversation! I really want to make a point to go there every week, if possible. Even if I don't end up buying anything.

Here are some photos from my trip to the market last Saturday:


There was another home-related matter that I'd planned on bringing up, except now that I've posted the photos from the farmers market ... I can't remember at all what the other thing was! Oh well.  Knowing me, it was probably something about a) football or b) vegan cooking or c) cornucopias (my fall favorite!).

I really wish we had a house to decorate externally, for the coming holidays. Hopefully next year .... 

2 Comments

  1. Amber, these photos are gorgeous. You really captured the vibrant colors of the farmer's market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you! I haven't even had time to edit most of the photos I took, either! Also this is the first comment ever on this blog. YAY. Also you are the only one that knows about this blog. Haha. Anyway, I hope to have more shots soon! Thank you again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)