San Francisco, CA, USA

#30daysofblogging Day 16: Photo an hour

It's Wednesday. My super busy time starts today and doesn't start to let up until the weekend. Today is probably the worst day, somehow -- things on top of things, all happening at the same time. Schedule juggling has been required, and gosh, I long for a day when I don't have to do that so much.

I think I did a "photo an hour" type thing when I was in my late teens/early 20s, so suffice it to say, it's been a long time since I've done something like this. I don't really want to publish this at 11pm, so I'm just going to do an hour a day from when I wake up, to the end of my workday. Of course, today is messed up, and I am leaving earlier than usual to go pick up my CSA box and make it to my 4:30pm second job (a photo job). Of course. It can't really be simple, can it? Not for me. Anyway -- I hope you enjoy this little glimpse into my life.

Update: I continued this through my second job and until I got home. 19k steps between when I woke up this morning, and when I got home. Oh my gooooooodness. And this is just 1 out of 3 straight nights of shooting after work, followed by G's birthday (and another show) on Saturday. I'm crazy!

6AM: Coffee, oh, sweet coffee. I love you so.  I got up extra early this morning to go to work early so I can leave early. 
7AM: Coffee is pretty much the only reason I am physically capable of smiling this early in the morning. 
8AM: I have a rotating desktop background at work right now, and this is my favorite of all the various illustrations. 
9AM: Breakfast (the pan fried potatoes w/ rosemary that I mentioned in a blog post two days ago. This is the last of them!
10AM: Boots on the office floor. The floor carpet is my favorite part of the entire office. 
11AM: IS IT TIME FOR LUNCH YET, I AM RUNNING OUT OF THINGS TO TAKE PHOTOS OF! #GoBears
12PM: Industrial West Berkeley, as seen on my lunch run. This is my favorite former industrial site-turned-art piece.
1PM: Finally time for lunch. This is the pasta I described making in Monday's blog post, w/ roasted broccoli/cauliflower
2PM: One last look at my new cubicle (we just moved cubes over the long weekend, so yesterday was spent unpacking!)
3PM: Commuting home to get my CSA box before rushing off to my second job, a photo gig. 
4PM: Sitting in the lobby at my photo gig in SoMa, the calm before the storm. I love this lobby. I love gigs at this place.
5PM: I locate and finally play a free (!) Star Trek pinball game (!!) and get 10 million points. It was so awesome, you guys.
6PM: The view from the 6th floor of 123 Townsend Street. Just a gorgeous view of the city. I am a lucky girl. 
7PM/8PM: I just got home a little while ago, after one last bike ride for the day. Now: watching the Walrus Cam. Ahhh.


You know what's really cool? Doing one of these, and looking back on it at the end of the day and realizing how cool your life is, and how grateful you are for it. My life is full and really amazing. In the tough moments, I really need to look back at posts like this. I feel very fulfilled this evening.


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)