San Francisco, CA, USA

Fall Goals


Yesterday it rained, and it was so beautiful. I went out on a run after the rain had subsided and found a world transformed. It didn't seem like fall before the rain -- but even though it got warm after the rain ended, and we're probably heading into another week of temperatures in the 70s now -- nothing is the same. We've turned that corner. There are leaves everywhere. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

I love it.

I feel so good this morning. Gabe and I went out for the best dinner last night at Straw, a carnival-themed restaurant near our apartment, and it was just great. It was not my healthiest outing, but for the first time in a long time I refuse to feel guilty about it. And today I feel mentally fantastic, so maybe indulging is a really good idea sometimes? Yeah, I know. I know that's true.

Anyway, today I feel compelled to write down some of my goals for this fall season.

---> Blog more. I've actually been implementing that this week, you may have noticed!
---> Start doing yoga again. It's so easy to fall out of the habit but I'm ready.
---> Complete my third half marathon on November 9th (the Berkeley Half Marathon)
---> Read 5 books by the first day of winter
---> Keep cooking! My current plan; alternate weeks of Blue Apron & Good Eggs.
---> Go back to the Saturday dharma talks at the SF Zen Center.
---> Do a photography project that's just for me.

I'm not aiming too high here. I want to do things that are good for me and make me happy. That's all.




0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)