San Francisco, CA, USA

August in SF


In summer, the song sings itself. —William Carlos Williams

Well. Things have certainly changed since the last time I blogged.

Major cliff notes version: I had to cancel my Germany trip, and I'm trying to deal with that right now (further details will be left out because they aren't about me). I've kind of been flailing in the meantime, trying to regain my footing and figure out the rest of my year.  This summer certainly has turned out differently than last summer, but really, isn't that part of the ecstasy and the agony of life? You can't go home again, nothing ever stays the same, you can't spend your life reliving the same amazing time over and over again. Time marches on, and leaves so many lessons for us.

Forward ever, backward never.


▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲


Some good things happening today:

1. I am back to my routine, a routine that includes a breakfast of oatmeal with sliced banana, a lunchtime run, and being busy at my job during the day. And whether I want to deny it or work on accepting it again, a job is a thing that most people do every day, and it isn't the most horrible thing in the world, right? And just because I wish I had a different job doesn't mean I have to fall into depression about it.

2. I'm alive. Which is more than I can say for many people, and yes of course I am busted up over Robin Williams and all of the other awful things going on in the world but man, I am grateful to be alive today.

3.  I went on that beautiful run during my lunch break, and it's absolutely perfect outside. So good.

4. This evening? Taco Tuesday. We haven't been in a long, long time (about a month?) and I had no idea I'd be in town to gorge myself on delicious tacos, so that is something good. The highlight of my day.

5. I feel firmly rooted in the present right now, which is, I'm pretty sure, a good thing. And I am just choosing to think that good things are happening today even though I am back at work, so there.

So there! 


▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

That's all I've got for today.  It's not a bad day. In fact, it's gone pretty well. And I'm happy with that.

PS. Here is my jam of the week. Or month, really. Love it so much.




0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)