San Francisco, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life


I can't believe it's about 3 weeks until I leave for Germany. Holy crap, how did that happen?! I'm getting really nervous about leaving my special person for two weeks, but hopefully my homesickness won't be too bad. This is a really new situation for me, going to a foreign country without my sweetheart. I'm trying to embrace the unknown. This is something I've always wanted to do, but still -- I'm scared.

Scared, but excited, and grateful that I'm able to still do this trip.


▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲


In the meantime, I've been living life, and trying to live as happily and fully as possible. That's a general life motto type thing for me, and it's been going well. I haven't been doing much in terms of "nightlife" or concerts, partially because most of the shows I've wanted to attend have been in Oakland, but mostly because I have a half marathon coming up in less than two weeks (!) and my training schedule has kept me on a pretty strict schedule lately (willingly, happily). I feel great these days, am getting wonderful amounts of sleep, and every day feels like a gift, so I have no regrets about what I've chosen to do (or not do). Plus, it's all going to be over with in two weeks, when I run the half marathon I've been training for since March. Kinda crazy to think about, since it's taken up so much of my life lately.

Anyway, here are some of the things I've been up to, with photographic evidence.


▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

On July 7th, I had a day off from work because our systems were down. I went and donated my old bicycle to Pedal Revolution, and walked home. On the way, I hit up Clarion Alley -- one of my favorite places. Here are two of my current favorites from the alley full of fantastic murals. 



I've been doing a lot of running/working out in the last week. I've seen some really beautiful "summer in San Francisco" type things along the way. This has to be one of my favorite phone photos I've ever snapped:


But the other "seen while running" shots from last week aren't too shabby, either (isn't that random pile of sand with a shopping cart on it perfect?). I am so lucky to live in this area. I just celebrated 14 years here, but when I look out at scenes like this? I still feel that feeling in my heart. I love it here. So much. 





On Saturday, I had the honor of shooting the wedding of Melissa & Jenny, two friends of a friend, and it was a really lovely day up in the Berkeley hills, full of laughter and tears and food and tons of Nebraskans. I seriously can't get over the amount of people I've met from Nebraska, or with ties to Nebraska, this year.


I also reached a really important milestone this week. I was able to purchase my own laptop. This is a huge deal for me, as I haven't probably ever bought my own computer, and never a new one. This one, I paid for myself, and it allows me to do my work (running a business is hard without a good computer!) and I am just really happy for and proud of myself. I picked it up last Friday.


And finally -- of course? -- yoga. Sweet, sweet yoga.


▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

This post feels like me in a nutshell. A week in the life. 


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)