San Francisco, CA, USA

Then again, maybe I won't


caution; mood swings ahead

Not really having the best week so far. I keep looking at the image above, which I took in Golden Gate Park on Easter Sunday, and try to let it calm me back to my happy place. It's not working. I feel like the grumpiest of Grumpy Cats. I feel useless, worthless, and back to square one. Trying to make my life better isn't an easy process, and I know that, and I accept that -- but I don't handle rejection or setbacks very well, even though I try to pretend like I do.

I'm also really bad at pretending.

I don't want to wallow. I hate wallowing. Time to pull myself up by my bootstraps, right? We all have days/weeks/months/years like that, don't we? This, too, shall pass?

Ugh. Gag me! Get over it, girl! 

I am seriously at the end of my rope, and it's only Tuesday. Send help? Send vegan cookies?


▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲


OK, OK. I'm trying to get it together. What do you do when you're starting to lose it? What reliable mood enhancers do you try? I mean, other than alcohol. Which will definitely be happening later.

I'm actually feeling a little better now after I started listening to music. I've really been digging this song by the German band Solitary Experiments lately, so hearing it just cheered me up. Even though it's a bit of a downer of a song, it still makes me feel better. I love it when that happens.

Angrysad music: the great cleanser!





▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲


I told myself that I would try doing the kind of blogging I used to do. I've been up in my head again about how every post has to have a theme and a purpose, instead of my just leaving a text box open and typing in it throughout the day. Well, it's been only two days since I opened this text box, which is way better than the average of 7 days it takes me to write a more specific post, so I think this was a good idea.

Here's to several beers and a bunch of bootstraps.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)