Berkeley, CA, USA

Currently.

wine o'clock
OK OK ... I'm only wishing this is what I was doing "currently" but this was my Monday / "Introvert's Day Off"

Reading: Cooked by Michael Pollan. I'm trying to go through it as methodically as possible, so I've been reading slowly, but I love it so far. I'm having the same problem that I usually have with Michael Pollan books, though -- he always makes me crave meat.

Wondering: how our sweet new kitty is doing at home. As of this morning, Cinders was rubbing all over me in the bathroom as I dropped off his breakfast (which he didn't eat ... he's used to eating freshly killed animals, remember? We feed a raw-only diet but it's a little less fresh than that, I'm afraid...). What a sweetheart. Will tonight be the night we introduce him to Zeke and Mogli? I hope so, but at the same time we're really trying to be cautious, for everybody's sake.

Feeling thankful: for second chances, and for very good news from very good friends. <3  And yes, I'm being vague, but only because it's not my story to tell. But I am very thankful indeed!

Eating: a black bean burger from my favorite near-work establishment, Bongo Burger. It's definitely my favorite veggie burger on the planet (!) -- I should probably eat fewer of them. ;)  I'm trying to get back into my normal eating habits after four days without Scott left me eating out a lot and my stomach in a twist. I came away from all that takeout with the same, tired conclusion ... that most food sucks, and I can make it better. I should have just taken the time to begin with, but I was avoiding being at home.

Watching: tons of reruns of Full House and The Nanny. They're on in blocks every night on Nick at Nite, and I can't help myself. I watched both of these shows a lot when I was a kid and I think they were each important to my development, though in different ways (different eras!). I idolized DJ on Full House throughout my elementary years, even though I was way more of a Stephanie (much to my chagrin!). Going back and watching these shows again gives me a much sought after link to my childhood days, which now that I'm in my early 30s, I am desperately nostalgic for.

Working on: getting my work done, the house clean, my body in shape & my sleep deficit erased. You know, nothing special (ha)! Really I have been trying to make a dent in the things I've been putting off on my to-do list, the things that weigh on me every day when I don't get them done. It might be mundane, but it's a huge accomplishment/load off my shoulders when those things finally get done.

Loving: life, yoga, and the pursuit of happiness (and a clean house).


The Currently posts are inspired by the super lovely Danielle. Go visit her and join in!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)