San Francisco, CA, USA

How to have a fantastic weekend

I was going to write a bunch of stuff about how great my weekend was, but then the bombing happened at the Boston Marathon and now it seems totally ridiculous to write about my great weekend as people are dead and maimed at a celebrated running event. Especially since so much of my great weekend involves running -- but I suppose that makes it even more important to keep talking about it, even though I feel sick. I don't understand how a person could do something like this. How could you hurt your fellow man?  I am pretty beside myself at the moment, and my heart goes out to everyone who has been hurt or knows someone who is injured or was killed. I know Scott is no longer feeling great about me running a half marathon in two months, and I have to admit I'm a bit freaked out...but mostly, I'm angry and very sad. What a sad day this is. Even sadder ... we have had a lot of days like this lately, as a society. 

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.

OK so -- the weekend. It was a really lovely one, full of great happenings and sunshine. I had a really wonderful time at the design conference I photographed last week; it was everything I expected it to be, and more (of course ... I love it when that happens). Going into the weekend exhausted and happy and inspired from that certainly didn't hurt my mood any. But there was no rest for the wicked, because Saturday's agenda included a lovely lunch at my favorite restaurant (Citrus Club) on Haight Street followed by an engagement shoot at the de Young museum and Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. It was a great shoot and the day was sunny, if a bit windy. I got to spend time with a lovely couple, take photos and go on a really nice walk through the park.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Then I got to go home and make my new favorite recipe, VeganYumYum's Kitsune Soba, and edit photos from the engagement shoot. I am really happy with how BOTH turned out.
Untitled
Untitled

On Sunday my day was jam packed, and I loved it. First I went to my favorite running location, Crissy Field, and went on what ended up being a 5 mile run (yay!). It was brutally windy outside, which made for some tense moments as I ran into the wind, but it was very sunny and very warm in the non-windy areas. I snapped a lot of photos along my run. Right after the run I met my friend Meghan at the SF Vintner's Market, where we tasted wines and chatted and ate cupcakes until 4pm.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

After that, spurred by the realization that I had ZERO desire to spend an hour taking the bus home, I instead walked home -- another 4 miles! -- along the waterfront. It was really great. I was in a lot of pain by the time I got home, but it was worth it. An evening of Game of Thrones only capped off the weekend.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I hope that anyone reading this also had a great weekend. I will be back this week with posts about my favorite topic: food! And hopefully some other shenanigans.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)