Berkeley, CA, USA

Currently

spring in Berkeley

Thinking about: dinner tonight. For most of the day I thought I was going to make a pie for Pi Day (even though I have a well-documented feud with math!) but now I kind of just want to make my spaghetti squash with arugula pomodoro sauce. Really when we're getting right down to it all I want to do right now is take a nap, but I think we can all agree that napping at work is generally frowned upon, unless perhaps if you work in a Mediterranean country, which right now ... always ... I wish I did.

Reading: How to Spot a Bastard by His Star Sign, a book I've been wanting to get my hands on for years (it wasn't out on Kindle for the longest time!). It's hilarious. And cathartic. I promise. I find myself laughing out loud while reading it, which always goes over well on public transit, let me tell you.

Listening to: I've been listening to a lot of Belle & Sebastian the last two days. I love them, but haven't given them a proper listen or series of listens in a couple of years. I realized yesterday that one of my favorite albums of all time, B&S's Dear Catastrophe Waitress, is ten years old this year; how did that happen?! Life was very different for me ten years ago, when I found this album: I was living with a different person in a windowless warehouse in West Oakland, attending community college and my dad hadn't even died yet. But ... he would be soon. Well, anyway, I don't want to think about that part. The part I prefer thinking about is how I fell into a Belle & Sebastian-related pit of nostalgia yesterday and I've yet to emerge, happily ensconsed in their musical greatness. If you aren't familiar, I highly recommend.



Looking forward to: Is "going to sleep tonight" a valid response? Still trying to get over my bronchitis. And I will be out taking photos again tomorrow night (no rest for the weary!) so tonight is a treasured night at home, doing nothing (ha, nothing means writing photo contracts, cooking dinner, hopefully editing photos ... it's not like I'll be sitting on the couch, I'll just be busy in my pajamas).

Watching: We haven't really been watching TV lately, but last night of course we had an Incident so I will recount it here. I am famous for not ever finishing TV shows because I become fraught with anxiety and emotion about the characters, and plot, and start freaking out about how emotional the ending could be (I am not very good at handling my emotions, duh). The latest example of this, which I feel I have a ton of justification in feeling, is with Battlestar Galactica. We are watching the final season right now and each episode literally makes me so sad and anxious at this point, I spend the entire time nauseous. I'm not even kidding. We hadn't watched it in a couple of months because we've been so busy, but the combination of Scott & an email from my uncle saying "FINISH GALACTICA" convinced me, with trepidation, to agree to watch an episode at 10pm last night. Welp. It was the most depressing, sad episode yet, you guys. Even Scott was apologizing to me at the end of the night! I can't wait to be done with this series and all of the inevitable crying that will happen. I need to move on.

Making me happy: Sunshine, warm weather, photography, new friends, cats, wine, life.


These posts inspired by Danielle @ Sometimes Sweet. Feel free to join in!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)