Berkeley, CA, USA

Three Good Things v.3

And it's time for another round of irocksowhat's "3 Good Things" linkup. I can't believe another week has gone by ... where is February going? I can't believe it's going to be March in just two weeks. Oh, and by the way, I gave up swearing for Lent, so if you see me swearing on the internet or in person please admonish me! I don't know how I am going to do this, given that my swearing puts sailors to shame, but I want to give it a good try. I often embarrass myself in front of people (my mother-in-law, coworkers, etc) with my inability to stop swearing, so even lessening it for 40 days will be a huge improvement. No f-bombs :*(  I know, my precious f-bombs! I'll see you after Easter, precious swear words.

Anyway.  That said, here are three good things happening this week:

Ceramics, again — last night I finished the underglaze on my clownfish. Now he gets to dry, and then he gets fired, and then I decide where to go from there! This could include more underglaze, more firings, then traditional glaze and firing in the glaze kiln ... I haven't decided yet. People keep asking me in class if I'm making Nemo, so I think that's a very good sign that I've made something passable. Success?


I am really enjoying this class even though the time is highly inconvenient. Hopefully next semester we'll be back to Saturday classes. Those were inconvenient only in that I couldn't sleep in on Saturdays or go running before class; these are brutal because they mean a consistent late night at the beginning of the week. It sets me up for eventual energy failure earlier in the week than I used to. No bueno! Good thing it's so fun and relaxing ... I leave each week feeling rejuvenated. And then can't sleep. Ha.

Rainbows — If you've been following this blog or Facebook or my Instagram feed the last couple of days, you know I've been rocking the rainbows. Yesterday I wore my rainbow sweater dress and rainbow ped socks to work; today, I wore a long black dress with my favorite rainbow thigh high socks. I think I'm feeling that my work life in particular is in need of some in-your-face cheer. Ew, how Seventeen magazine did that sound? Truth be told, that magazine had a huge impact on how I thought about fashion as a young teen ... but I am fairly certain that this was never on any of their pages:

Untitled

Untitled

Wedding photography — Wedding season (I hate that term, but it's so true I can't help but continue to repeat it) is right around the corner, and I have two meetings with potential clients this weekend alone. I'm super excited to get back into the swing of weddings, though it's always nice to have winter to reorganize and take stock, business-wise. For the meetings this weekend I have spent many hours (as much as 10 hours!) creating a book of my favorite photos from the last four years of shooting weddings & engagements. A lot had to be left out due to space constrains, but I finished the book a couple of nights ago and am very happy with how it turned out. It's long overdue that I have a book of printed work to show my clients.

What are three good things happening in your life today? Tomorrow? Next week? Join in:
IROCKSOWHAT Three Good Things

4 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)