San Francisco, CA, USA

Radvent Day 16: Style

I think I wrote about style for last year's Radvent. In that post, I imagine I wrote about how I've suffered from a distinct lack of style/ability to dress myself my entire life. I hope I also wrote that, with the exception of a few occasions where I totally deserved it (green plastic suit), I didn't honestly EARN my nickname of "the fashion victim." Can you tell I grew up in the Clueless generation, or what? And yes, you can call me Ambular.

Anyway, I digress. Sure, I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer style-wise. Plus, I've never ever had the money required to keep up with fashion trends. But above all else: I like to be different, and I like to be comfy, in whatever I'm wearing. That means I am "out there" but you will NEVER EVER catch me in heels. I grew up a tomboy, but have (generally) gotten over that (mostly. A little. Well, sometimes ...) -- at any rate, I do actually enjoy wearing dresses and skirts now!

I am very bad at taking outfit photos. As in, I never do it. Most of the time I'm wearing jeans or workout pants anyway (yep). But there is one style quirk I take a lot of pride in, and have my entire life: socks. I love to be known for my weird/loud/colorful/bizarre socks. The bizarre part is mostly a reaction other (read: boring/unimaginative) people have when they see me in socks that are not actually that weird! ;) But I do like to be different, and to be subtly noticed for being different. I also take a ton of pictures of myself wearing said socks/tights/etc because they're very easy to do myself. So, without further ado ... here are all of the photos I could find on my phone today that fit the bill:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥

I'm participating in Radvent this year via the ever-awesome Princess Lasertron, and you should too!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)