San Francisco, CA, USA

Thanksgiving

Untitled
the makings of our vegan thanksgiving

We are going through a lot over at our house right now. We're going to have to say goodbye to Jeffy, and probably really soon, and needless to say we are devastated. That said ... one of the many, endless gifts Jeffy has given us actually just happened on Thanksgiving. We had been scared all day because he had been hiding upstairs behind my desk, not really eating, not allowing us to drag him out. It got to be 5pm and I still hadn't started cooking dinner, which we had been very much wanting to enjoy that night (with Jeffy) ... as a family. Especially because the future was, and remains, so uncertain. JUST after that time, by some sort of miracle (aka ... Jeffy), we managed to pill him with his anti-nausea meds, and after that, Scott got him to eat 1/4 of a can of food and drink water for 15 minutes.

This was a miracle, but a miracle of the sort that Jeffy has been giving us for years. He pulled through and did something for us because we needed it at that moment. That he ate and drank on Thanksgiving allowed us to go through with our holiday dinner plans, allowed me to cook an amazing dinner, and allowed us to eat and drink and laugh and feel the family togetherness we so desperately needed. I will never forget this, not for the rest of my life.

So, because I am trying to be positive, and because I really want to do "normal things" as we count down to the moment we lose our special boy (probably tomorrow morning) ... here was our wonderful vegan thanksgiving, in a few snapshots. I was really, really happy with the CUESA "everything but the bird" market basket & recipes I bought for the occasion, and I'm considering getting their December holiday basket as well. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Untitled
all of the amazing locally sourced veggies/fruits/nuts/herbs in our market basket
Untitled
the beginning: brussels sprouts (my favorite!) (ok everything's my favorite)
Untitled
course two: butternut squash, garlic, almonds ... wine in the background
Untitled
"the kale course" -- see also: wine
Untitled
DINNER IS SERVED!!
Untitled
leftovers -- totally easy to put away, wow. 

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)