1601-1645 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA

Snapshots from a happy life

Whoa. This weekend has been crazy. Crazy busy, that is -- almost no time on the internets! That doesn't mean it hasn't been fun, though. I am really enjoying our pottery class, even though I am still really not that great at pottery. Each Sunday, I awaken after Saturday's class crazy sore in my arms. It took me three weeks to figure out that it was pottery class that was making my arms hurt! I feel like I'm getting a workout, even if my pots are lumpy or unusable. And who cares if they are, anyway? Everyone has to start somewhere. I am not a natural on the wheel, but I think few are. Practice will only improve my work. To give you an idea of how much I am enjoying the class, I am planning on going in to the studio sometime this week, during the week, to keep working on the wheel. Yep. Me. Going beyond the call of duty on something (!). I guess that's who I typically am as a person, but lately it has been tough to go beyond what is expected of me due to Jeffy and wanting to spend as much time with him as possible and the incredible mood insanity that goes along with it. So I guess this is a good sign, and a sign that my regular self is poking through the "grief nebula" as I like to call it.

Speaking of Jeffy, he's doing ... OK. We're day to day. He wants to be alive, and that's the most important thing, so for now we're dedicating hours and hours of our day to getting him to eat. He's not happy with us because we're always sticking him with needles and trying to shove pills down his throat, but we're getting by as much as we can. And we're trying to remain as positive as possible around him, so the upside to that is that I am keeping crying to a minimum. I always try to do that, but the thing about me and waterworks is that if I'm going to cry, nothing will be able to stop it. That has made for endless public crying incidents in my life -- I blame my mom, as this is (as they say) "learned behavior." Sorry mom! Anyway, we're hanging in there. So far.

I have the day off tomorrow for Veterans Day observational shite (yay for working at a school), and thank goodness for it, because I really want to be home with Jeffy and try to catch up on all the editing and cleaning I am behind on. For now, here's a very random assortment of shots from the last week. Time is going by very, very quickly these days...

Untitled
my favorite thing ... patterns. my socks on top of my entry way rug. 
Untitled
friday clouds // 5th and Harrison
Untitled
the same gorgeous sunset from the previous picture, vantage point across the street from my house 

Untitled
my favorite outfit ever, and yes I do like blue, thanks for asking! 

Untitled
Jeffy on Caturday <3

Untitled
Mexican Coke <3
Untitled
Zeke did this while we were at pottery class, trying to get Jeffy's food. :/ 
Untitled
pottery class! 
Untitled
Friday night: Scott playing Halo 4, me looking at photos from the art show I went to earlier that night
Untitled
Friday night's outfit
Untitled
One of my most favorite paintings on display Friday night (artist: Xavier MTW)
Untitled
Artist: Xavier MTW
Untitled
The drag show portion of the art show opening :) 
Untitled
Artist: Xavier MTW
Untitled
fantastic local pasta (santa cruz pasta factory), tomato sauce, arugula and shiitake mushrooms. OM NOM!
Untitled
I <3 Tyrion. I love this line. Almost done with this book :/
Untitled
UC Berkeley // magic hour
Untitled
did I get my greasy hands on the phone camera again? hmmm :P 
Untitled
sf financial district // friday morning 
Untitled
crazy rainstorm on the window // early friday morning
Untitled
Diamond Rings @ Rickshaw Stop (thursday night)
Untitled
on my way out Thursday night // on the 47 bus 
Untitled
uc berkeley fall
Untitled
strawberry creek, uc berkeley // right after a rainstorm
Untitled
soup fixin's from thursday night
Untitled
it's the most wonderful time of the year!

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)