San Francisco, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life

Sometimes you just need to step away from the internet and go enjoy life outside a computer screen. I've been an internet addict (certifiably) since the moment I first logged on (love at first byte?) in the mid 90s, but after my parents bought me my first PC in early 1998, hooked up to the internet in my room, my fate was sealed, and I have spent far too much time online ever since ... precisely why I'm finding it more and more necessary to take breaks as I get older. Smartphones have really accelerated this technology burnout. In short? Blogging got exhausting and nothing was happening. So I took a (long) weekend off.

Ahhhh.

It felt great. I've had a great couple of weeks. Going through these photos and posting them really made me realize why I feel so busy, and why my heart feels so full. Here are some highlights:

Untitled
Berkeley really started to look like fall last week. 
Untitled
beautiful.
Untitled
fun with sunshine + sprinklers
Untitled
view from a Muni train 
Untitled
Thursday morning
Untitled
Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
Untitled
Pepple's vegan doughnuts
Untitled
raver chicken at Sur La Table
Untitled
IT'S WEARING A HAT
Untitled
tofu scramble
Untitled
Mogli Burrito
Untitled
making cookies
Untitled
moon + venus
Untitled
uc berkeley west gate 
Untitled
best vegan pancakes ever
Untitled
cookies (also vegan) <3
Untitled
MacArthur BART station
Untitled
UC Berkeley // love the colors 
Untitled
Another beautiful Indian Summer day
Untitled
I made a REALLY delicious faux minestrone last Thursaday!
Untitled
believe it or not, this is a sunrise ... aka when I leave the house these days.
Untitled
another sunrise shot // financial district
Untitled
that same sunrise by the time my train got to Oakland
Untitled
Alex's socks!!
Untitled
Sunset, on the same day I photographed the sunrise. Life can be cruel :P
Untitled
SOMA 
Untitled
after Folsom Street Fair
Untitled
evidence that I walked all over the city with bare legs -- this has never happened before!
Untitled
plastic fishies at the new gluten-free grocery store on my street
Untitled
salsa bar
Untitled
desktop background from smashingmagazine.com
Untitled
more campus sunshine ... now with more creek
Untitled
solo
Untitled
last night's moon

I have some great posts planned for this week (in my not-so-humble opinion...) before we jet off to Los Angeles on Friday morning to shoot a wedding (in Malibu) on Friday & Saturday. We're also going to be staying with my BFF Christina on Sunday night before flying back home on Monday. It's going to be a great time, but I am a wee bit stressed out about everything as well.

0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)