South Lake Tahoe, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life: Tahoe edition

I'll be honest with y'all: I'm having trouble re-integrating into society after our wonderful alpine getaway. The real world can "bite me" as they said back in the 90s (and by they, I mean me), but unfortunately reality has a funny way of smacking you over the head like a huge hammer. Thanks a lot, reality!

Naw, its OK. I am slowly accepting that we're not in Tahoe anymore. I want to go back so badly, though, and I really feel like this is going to be a summer and winter destination for us. This winter? I'm going to try to learn how to ski up at Tahoe. It will be so cool to see the place during the winter. It seems to me like it will look like a fantastical winter wonderland. Its gorgeous enough during the summer! What a special place, to be so well suited to winter and summer activities.

This was a trip of firsts: my first time vacationing at a lake, my first time ever swimming in a lake, my first time entering a body of water with all of my clothes on (yeah!!!!), my first time gambling ... what an awesome anniversary trip we had. And we'd recommend Basecamp Hotel to anyone! They were fantastic to us and we loved our little room. Can't wait to come back and actually use the fireplace.

On that note, here are some Instagram photos of our trip. I'll get around to editing the actual DSLR photos at some point but I have actual client work to edit before then, so for now, let these suffice.:

Untitled
Basecamp Hotel (exterior)
Untitled
Hiking in Van Sickle Bi-State Park (Tahoe Rim Trail)
Untitled
the payoff from our hike: a gorgeous waterfall, still running in mid-August!
Untitled
Scott after putting his feet in the water (SO COLD)
Untitled
The breakwater (and beyond) from Lakeside Beach // South Lake Tahoe
Untitled
Lakeside Beach (that ball floating in the water contained water temp thermometers)
Untitled
And then we took our stuffed stingray gambling (at Harrah's)
Untitled
Basecamp Hotel // light fixtures
Untitled
My favorite picture ever. From the Basecamp Hotel lobby
Untitled
And then we took our stuffed stingray to the Driftwood Cafe for Bloody Marys! 
Untitled
"Cabana Scott" talks to Susie on the phone @ Lakeside Beach
Untitled
Lakeside Beach on Thursday: now with more sunshine! 
Untitled
Our view from the umbrella/lounge, looking out toward the breakwater and the Sierras
Untitled
An idyllic day <3
Untitled
Written on the wall in the bathroom at Basecamp Hotel 

Happy Saturday, and have a great weekend! I'm off to shoot my best friend's engagement photos today, so I am pretty darn excited about that. 

2 Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures, and beautiful blog. Glad to have came across it.

    XO, Melany

    http://refreshinglysacred.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melany!!! <3 I just went to your blog and will read more soon but congrats your impending little one!

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)