San Francisco, CA, USA

I have no idea what's goin' on

Untitled
This week? I am not impressed.
Wednesday, 2:30pm

Right now all I can think is about how much I hate everything, because a friend from Europe of all places was ridiculously unfair to me this morning and got a Nickelback song stuck in my head ... and it's still stuck in my head, nearly seven hours later. I may be carted off to the looney bin tonight. To give you an idea of my torment, I'd much rather have Taco's cover of "Puttin' On The Ritz" stuck in my head than Nickelback. And if you knew how I felt about getting that stuck in my head ... you'd understand. For real.

But enough about bad music. How are you, internet?

I'm tired. So very, very tired. I want to go to sleep right now, in fact! But since falling asleep at work is generally considered no bueno, I'm trying to wake up in my chair without the help of coffee or tea: water! I'll let you know if it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

--just kidding! I'm not asleep! Really. I'm not.

Several hours later:
I have a really good reason for being tired, actually: I've been really darn busy with my business. I've booked several weddings in the last couple of months that will play out over the next year. I've been editing engagement sessions and have a huge wedding to edit & other shows in between. I feel inspired & very grateful for those who place their trust in me, creatively & monetarily.

This seems like a good time to mention something that's been bothering me lately.  I know that a lot of bloggers out there, especially ones who fit the same demographic I do, are also photographers. Many are professional, to some extent, and others are hobbyists. Photography has been my life for pretty much my entire adult life, but people who come to this blog may not really know that even after reading many entries. The reason is this: this blog is not the place I associate with my job in any way, shape or form. This, rather, is the place I come to to relax and to share the pithy daily mundane stuff about my life away from the stressful, deadline-driven worlds I inhabit that make me money. Of course photography is the most wonderful thing I do every day, but if I started doing that on the blog, I'd soon find the blog a chore, and that isn't why I started to write here. That's why you see crappy instagram photos and hardly any of my professional work. This is my sanctuary. A scrapbook!

So don't judge me for posting non-professional photos. I just want this place to be no-stress! I share my everyday life on Instagram, just like you ... and that's what this place is for. 


0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)