San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

Farmers Market Saturday

Hello from a (so far) lazy and lovely Sunday in San Francisco. Lovely because a) it's cloudy and therefore cozy; and b) because tomorrow is a holiday and Scott & I don't have to work! Woo hoo! Really not much better than that. I have yet to exit my pajamas and its nearly noon.

Yesterday I went, as usual, to the farmers market. It was really crowded at 8:30 in the morning (highly unusual) and I can only believe it was because of the holiday weekend and an influx of tourists. They behaved themselves, so I can't really complain, but it WAS very unique. Also making the trip unique was my choice of lens. I usually shoot the farmers market with my 50mm (when my 1.4 is working, I use it, but its usually not, so I usually shoot with a 1.8), but yesterday I went out with my rarely used Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 telephoto/macro lens. I don't usually have a lot of use for it with the work I do, plus I own a Canon 70-200mm f/4L, so I usually use that for telephoto.

But, you see, yesterday I had a hankering for some macro. I'm sure you understand :P

Enjoy the shots. As you can see, its definitely now cherry & beet season (yum!). I also got obsessed with artichoke macros, and the flower shots came out great. The market is really packed with vendors now, and I can't say I mind. The amazing, mind blowing food is everywhere!




























0 Comments

Contact Form (Do not remove it)