San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

Pinterest Wednesday

I'm definitely starting to get annoyed at all of the marketing/advertising industry attention being directed toward Pinterest these last couple of weeks. I watch a lot of industry news because of the social media work I do for Triggerfish Marketing ... and in the last couple of weeks, everyone has started obsessing about how to harness the power of "the ladies of pinterest" for brands. It kind of disgusts me. Yet another cool thing bites the dust, in my opinion. What are your thoughts on this?

For now, I'm going to keep doing these inspiration posts, but I'm growing uneasy about it.

Happy Wednesday, regardless. Let's get over that (in our case, rainy) hump with this design/type inspiration:



















2 Comments

  1. Of course, whether or not YOU like Pinterest should have nothing to do with it.

    /snarky

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whether or not I like Pinterest becomes irrelevant when I start questioning myself in ways like "do I really fit THIS demographic?" I don't like fitting demographics. I don't want marketers to be able to reach me via "things only females like." Though I guess sooner or later I'm going to have to accept that I'm a woman, perhaps I should start waving my white flag already and step off the soapbox. ;) /issues

      Delete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)