San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

Farmers Market Saturday



If there were any remaining doubt that spring has arrived in the bay area, my trip to the farmers market yesterday erased all of it. The immense change in the number and type of offerings in the last 2 weeks marks the transition between winter produce and spring produce, and I have to admit, it was very difficult not to skip through the market with pure joy yesterday as a result.

After another winter of cruciferous vegetables (which I love, but, well, you know....) to hit up the market and see some of my all-time favorites, like asparagus and green garlic, is like Christmas. Plus, the season for both of these items is so short, and I try to make a point of only eating either one in season, so this is a brief but so, so enjoyable part of the spring. If I could follow asparagus around the country, and eat it in season in every state? I so would. I love it that much.

I realize I basically just said that I'm an asparagus groupie & that I'd go "on tour" with asparagus, kind of like a Grateful Dead fan, and I'm totally OK with that.

Yesterday I combined my farmers market trip with a 3.45 mile run. I can't say it felt good to run with a backpack on, but I made do, and I'm really glad I persevered with the run.

Without further ado, here are some of my shots from yesterday's farmers market trip:


Zeke inspecting my haul

Asparagus, green garlic, spring onions, potatoes

















The last few days have been crazy for me. I've had more photo shoots than you can shake a stick at! I'm  incredibly grateful for this (and I'm not done yet; the madness continues tomorrow), but for now I'm really happy to have a day off. Also, poor Scott is really sick in bed, so it's really nice to have the day to  be here and take care of him. I feel so bad; he's really sick! Hopefully on the road to recovery soon. Please send some good thoughts & healing energy our way. I really don't want to get sick, either .... 

3 Comments

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment! :)

    Those veggies look so delicious. Mm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am turning 30, therefore am baby-crazy. Can't wait to read more of your journey <3 <3

      I did have some LEMONS in my fridge but failed to photograph them ... ;)

      Delete
  2. All those fresh veggies are amazing. Lovely colors!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)