Nipomo, CA, USA

Snapshots from a happy life

Scott & I are currently celebrating a late holiday in Nipomo with my lovely mother-in-law, who has gained the new nickname of "honey badger" this weekend. I won't go into it too much here (not yet anyway), but wow, we're lucky to have her, and last night was an adventure I think we can all agree we don't want to repeat. Regardless of any trips that may or may not have involved middle-of-the-night ambulance rides, we're having a great weekend & I am trying to spend most of it off of the computer.

But before I unplug again, here are some cell phone shots of paradise, aka my mother-in-law's backyard, which I hope can inspire you to find your "happy place" of nature & serenity. This is mine:

My favorite view of the backyard, just after sunrise.  
Serenity Now
Looking toward the golf course. The only sounds: birds, and a horse in the distance.
Morning sun flare through "The Old Gentleman," a huge oak tree <3


I wrote the first part of this post on Saturday morning, before we left to spend an eventful weekend with my mother-in-law. It also has photos, from last week in San Francisco:

Saturday morning: It has been a L-O-N-G week around these parts, let me tell you. So busy we haven't had time to do much other than work fervently on our various projects & jobs. Oh sure, some of it has also been fun at the same time, but there hasn't been a lot of straight-up pajamas & television type leisure time this week. In fact, none.

I haven't taken as many phone photos lately because I've felt a bit uninspired with my subjects. Fortunately, I made more of an effort this week & do have a few to share:

I can totally relate to this...
My Little Pony is now a slutty fruit snack. Bronies, where are you?
picplz_upload
70 degree day in January = summer on the roof 
Winter Summer in The City
Looking west toward Twin Peaks from my roof, to not see fog on the horizon is fairly unusual. 

I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday weekend. What are you up to? Also, feel free to share a hilarious story involving ambulances, drunk hospital visits, clumsy incidents or other follies, because let's face it, it's important to laugh sometimes at what the universe throws at us. 

2 Comments

  1. Lo-o-ove that backyard! So dreamy!

    Also, those Pony snacks? Totally have them in my pantry right now. I DIED over how ridiculous the hooves look (they're BELL-BOTTOM FLARED!) but my daughter loves them. In the matter of evils, Bratz v. New My Little Ponies, I side for Ponies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine ... I love you. I can always count on you for the hysterically funny comment!!

    Re: the Pony snacks -- I totally wanted to buy them, duh! But they have an ingredient I don't eat (boo) so I had to settle for the very tasty Sunkist Fruit Snacks sitting right next to them. Mmmm. There's just something about fruit snacks!

    And ... excuse me? There is NOOOOO comparison between Bratz and My Little Pony ... even the slutty ponies have more self respect than Bratz ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)