San Francisco, CA 94107, USA

Farmers Market Saturday

So, you should probably prepare to be jealous of where we live, because I'm about to share with you a host of photos from this weekend's farmers market trip. I'm aware that in most parts of the country, farmers markets don't run year round, but our Mediterranean climate means that there's a year-round growing season here, and we are so, so spoiled.

One of my great joys these last few months has been watching the seasons change via the offerings at the farmers market in San Francisco. This was the first farmers market of the new year, and it did not disappoint. I was so thrilled to still be able to get amazing green onions for only $2. Yes, $2. And you get easily three times as much in volume as you do when you buy green onions at the grocery store! It was the only item I set out to buy this week, and I just kept thinking to myself that if I lived in most other places in the country, I'd not be able to get spring onions right now.

As usual it was a life-affirming trip, and I left feeling relaxed & happy. Which, you know, is the point.



 




4 Comments

  1. Great pictures--I'm so jealous of how long your farmers market season is (which is to say...never ends). We've got about 20 weeks worth of real produce and after that, it's pretty spare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Kristine. Yeah, you live in one of those areas that has one of the shorter growing seasons. I've always wanted to see one of those "I grew all my own food" books (you know the ones) that takes place in Nebraska or even further north. Just to see if someone could do it! I guess people USED to do it all the time, but now we've lost that knowledge for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your Farmers Market photos. So colorful :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form (Do not remove it)